Wednesday, April 16, 2008

On my last posting I forgot to mention that Charles Todd-the mother and son cooperation, are Americans living in different states but their policeman is a Scotland Yard detective!
I got hooked on British stories when I started reading Ruth Rendell, she is good but like Stephen King, she gets gloomier as she writes more, so in order to save my sanity I stuck to stories where the bad guys get caught. Still I think it is easier to see the 'whole picture' from a distance. As travel becomes more common and necessary, seeing crime elsewhere is easier to stay focus on the story and not worry on our national crime rate. Besides for some reason American writers use a lot of foul language. O.K. it is necessary at times put it hurts the eyes!
Well I just wanted to clear some points , happy reading.

No comments: